‘Tis the season for giving, so why not double the giving potential? Instead of fighting the battles of shopping at your local mall check out GiftsThatGive.com. For every $5 that you spend, $1 is donated to a charity of your choice.
With over 100 different brands to choose from, and anything from housewares to clothing, you’re sure to find a gift for everyone!
Here are some great gifting ideas:
1. For the Man in you life - Great packaging and a manly scent, perfect for any gentleman on your list!
2. For the Stylish Girlfriend - Just like the Little Black Dress, this little black clutch is a great go-to piece. You can never go wrong with a classic!
3. For your Child - This gift is sure to get a good laugh when your child of any age opens it!
4. For the Teen - Great for your grandchild, or your baby sitter. This colorful bracelet is the perfect compliment for any “arm-party”.
5. For the Chic Hostess - This has to be the most chic glassware set I have seen yet! A great smoky with a edge! A chic uptown hostess would definitely approve!
6. For the Foodie - You know that friend, the one that makes the most delish munchies for the pot-luck? Well this is sure to please. They will be happy to host a fun cocktail party with this adult science kit!
7. For your Boss - Show your boss that you appreciate their golden knowledge with these great bookends!
8. For the “Oops!” I forgot - Ever forget someone on your list? Or receive a gift unexpectedly? Don’t be caught off guard! Stock up on these adorable Jonathan Adler erasers! They are cute little creatures that are sure to bring a smile to who ever unwraps them! And they will be sure to continue smiling while this critter keeps them company in the office!
Holiday Gift Giving Guide
If you can’t get enough pixel-themed items in your life then why not pixelate your family? Etsy shop Scarlet Pyjamas will do just that in the form of a custom cross-stitch portrait. Seems like a no-brainer gift for someone with a sense of humor or a love of all things pixelated! I haven’t really tried to tackle cross-stitch yet, but a pixelated portrait would also be an easy and amusing DIY for enthusiastic sewers.
Image via Scarlet Pyjamas
If you’re sticking with your tried-and-true dinnerware for Thanksgiving, why not have a little fun with placemats? There are so many to choose from, I can’t decide which style I like best.
Burlap via Kone 10; Paper via West Elm; Rope via Zara Home; Fabric via Anthropologie
Lace via Zara Home; Dahlia via Shop Horne; Linked via Ute; Twisted via Zgallerie
Doodle via Anthropologie; Dotty via Zara Home; Color via Erie Drive; Interact via Modern Twist
At your Place
For Thanksgiving, there really is no shortage of inspiration around the web for charming kid’s table activities. Keep the craftiness coming, Blogland, I need all I can get! Here are some of my favorite easy day-before projects that will surely keep the kids occupied from the football game through your last bite of pie.
Kids table activites from Fiskars
Faux Pumpkin Pie via One Charming Party
Balloon Boat races via One Charming Party
Thanksgiving Activities for kids
Images via ErieDrive.com
If you have small kids, the idea of fancy dining and entertaining may not be so exciting. Sure you’ve got them at the kid’s table on the other side of the room, but after 10 minutes they’re done with eating and on to tugging at your sleeve. To get in one last cocktail or even to finish a conversation without interruption, consider keeping the kids occupied with Box Play for Kids stickers. These eco-friendly stickers turn household items, like milk cartons and paper towel tubes, into toys for imaginative play. Well designed, simple, and highly functional, Box Play for Kids perfectly captures the upcycling spirit!
What are your upcycling projects for the impending entertaining season?
Upcycled Dining: Keeping the Kids Entertained